Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training objectives are to ensure shippers’ and receivers’ are able to understand and comply with the TDG Act and Regulations when working with Dangerous Goods, and to ensure workers are trained and competent to recognize and to deal with the hazards of handling Dangerous Goods, fulfilling management obligations.
TDG Training Theory Outline (4 Hours):
- Classification criteria and shipping names
- Schedules 1, 2 and 3
- Shipping document
- Dangerous goods safety
- Means of containment
- Packaging requirements
- Emergency response assistance plan requirements, if applicable
- Accidental release and imminent accidental release report requirements
- Safe handling and transportation practices for dangerous goods
- Reasonable emergency measures
- Reporting spill requirements
- Loading and unloading dangerous goods from trailer
Note. TDG Class 7 Training is available upon request for on-site training.