Forklift Operator Training objectives are to ensure the participant understands their legal requirements, the associated hazards with driving a forklift, and the procedures for safe operation. This training also ensures that a forklift operator is competent by meeting the OH&S Act and CSA standards, while also reducing the risk of product damage, property damage and accidents.
- Legal requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Industrial Regulations
- Pre-use/ shift inspection
- Load limits and capacity
- Lifting, moving and placing loads (counterbalance)
- Standard safe practices
- Controls and basic forklift operation
- Understand hazards associated with a forklift
- Understand procedures for forklift safe operation
- Learn about forklift stability
- Complete a written test
- Complete a practical evaluation
Note: Practical testing takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes per person.
Types of Forklift Operator Training Offered by CBHM:
- Class I: Electric Motor Counterbalance Rider Trucks
- Class II: Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Trucks
- Class III: Electric Motor Walk-Behind and Rider Hand Trucks
- Class IV: Internal Combustion Engine Counterbalance Lift Trucks
- Class V: Internal Combustion Engine Counterbalance Lift Trucks
- Class VI: Electric and Internal Combustion Engine Tractors
- Class VII: Rough Terrain Forklifts – Zoom Boom
Note: We will need to the know the Lift Code(s) for your Forklift(s).