Fire Extinguisher Training objectives are to familiarize participants with the different types of fire classifications and how to deal with these different types of fires according to the type of fuel that is burning. This training will also explain a number of different topics such as the results of using the wrong type of fire extinguisher on the wrong class of fire, and how to properly use your fire extinguisher during an emergency.
Fire Extinguisher Training Theory Outline (4 Hours):
- Fire triangle
- Fire classification
- Types of extinguishers
- Types of extinguishing agents
- Using an extinguisher
- Rules when using an extinguisher
- 20 question quiz
- Class A Fire – Common (wood, paper, cloth)
- Class B Fire – Flammable Liquids (gasoline, propane, solvents
- Class C Fire – Live Electrical (computers, fax machines)
- Class D Fire – Combustible (magnesium, lithium, titanium)
- Class K Fire – Cooking (cooking oils, fats)
Fires are classified according to the type of fuel that is burning. If you use the wrong type of fire extinguisher on the wrong class of fire, you might make matters worse.