Safety audits are a tested and proven method to ensure that businesses have the right management systems and programs in place to reduce incidents and risk to their workers. A gap analysis is designed to promote safety and eliminate incidents in your business. A safe business improves productivity and profitability. The gap analysis will provide CBHM the required information to assess your safe work procedures and understand your business operations.
Safety Compliance Audit Objectives:
- An identified commitment from upper management to implement a safety culture for the benefit of all workers and the organization
- The identification of all hazards; control of those hazards through scheduled inspection and maintenance processes for machinery
- Worker competency training
- An ongoing inspection/audit process to identify any new hazards
- Policies/procedures coincide with process and/or training competencies and that all policies/procedures are being implemented
What is a Health & Safety Management System?
This is a systematic process that looks at the operations of the organization and identifies and assesses all hazards and potential hazards within the workplace to minimize the incidence of injury and illness within the workplace.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Violence and Harassment policy
- Employer, Worker and Supervisor responsibilities
- Job Hazard Assessments
- Hazard Reporting
- Injury/illness reporting
- Accident reporting and investigation
- Work refusals
- Workplace inspections
- JHSC terms of reference
- Emergency response including severe weather, power outage etc.
- Progressive disciplinary program
- Substance abuse policy and program
- Health and Safety training documentation / forms
- Contractor Policy
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Ladder Safety
- First Aid Policy