4Competent Supervisor Training objectives are to train the participants in the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations as they apply to their workplace and as prescribed by the Ministry of Labour. Participants will learn their individual rights and responsibilities as well those rights of others involved in the Internal Responsibility System.
Competent Supervisor Training Theory Outline (8 Hours):
- Health, safety and the law (review of the OHSA)
- Duties of employers, supervisors, workers and certified members
- The JHSC requirements and responsibilities
- Health and safety representative
- Workplace violence & harassment
- Workers rights
- Internal responsibilities
- Accident investigation
- Workplace inspections
- Role of the MOL
- Due diligence
- The competent supervisor
- Developing a health and safety program
- Job hazard assessment including recognition, controls and evaluation
Who Needs Competent Supervisor Training?
Any employee who has authority over another worker, including the health & safety representative, managers and owners.