Competent Supervisor Training in Scarborough
When appointing a supervisor, the employer must ensure the person is competent. To be competent, a supervisor must have enough knowledge, training and experience to organize the work and how it is to be performed. He or she must also be familiar with the OHSA and any regulations under it that apply to the workplace, and, know about any actual or potential health and safety hazards in the workplace.
Competent Supervisor Learning Objectives:
- Inspections and investigations
- The components of a successful health & safety program
- Due diligence checklist: where do you stand today?
Health & Safety Law Learning Objectives:
- Due diligence and what it means to you and the company
- The act; legislation and regulations (duties of workplace parties)
- Competency and how the Internal Responsibility Systems works (IRS)
- What are the offences and penalties to enforce legislation
- What is required to prove due diligence (policies, programs, documents, training)
To register for on-site training, please submit an information form or call our office at 1-866-461-2246.