Mental Health in the Workplace Workshop
Mental Health in the workplace is finally getting the voice it deserves and it is an important discussion to be having. Signs of mental health and their impacts are lack of purpose, decreased morale, decreased productivity, loss of vitality and increased sick time.
CBHM in association with Cheryl Parker, has developed a one-day workshop to participate in that discussion with your employees. This workshop will bring you valuable information on how to take care of yourself day to day, while navigating through your work day, as well how to support others who are dealing with mental health issues. There is no replacement
for professional medical diagnosis and support, but there is information we can educate ourselves with, to bring workability to the workplace. Mental health can be associated with depression, anxiety and grieving from various losses that are not limited to death alone (such as divorce, lifestyle, addictions, retirement, empty nest, health, mobility, etc.). All these mental health issues impact our employees and our lives on a day to day basis.
• Identify types of mental health (depression, anxiety, loss and grief)
• Discuss impacts and begin the conversation – Breaking the silence and dismantle the
stigma through interactive discussion
• Coping strategies and how far they get us – Interactive discussion
• Life Event Milestone Timeline work – Individual exercise
• Tips and Tricks
• Supporting co-workers dealing with mental health
• Open discussion
• Getting back to work faster
• Feeling productive and improve morale
• Sense of commitment from employer
• Overall increased well-being
• Improved self-esteem
• Additional support to provide employees
• Creates a partnership and trust between employees and company
• Reduce disability costs
• Remove costs for interim replacement employees
• Increased loyalty from employees
Facilitator- Cheryl Parker “ A passionate grief expert skilled at transforming grief into hope and a new beginning”
Cheryl is a grief expert and motivational speaker who has changed the lives of hundreds of
people. She provides workshops and counseling by embracing her clients and helps guide
them with healing when dealing with grief, loss, depression anxiety and general mental
health issues, to a more meaningful purpose and life.
Group size capped at 25 per session. Program can be customized to fit your workplace
Contact our office to discuss your requirements, pricing and scheduling. Call our office at 1-866-461-2246.