JHSC Certification Training
Canadian Business Health Management Inc. is a Chief Prevention Officer-Approved training provider for Part One, Part Two and JHSC Refresher training.
Regardless of your specific workplace sector, Part One Basic Certification training is generic to all workplaces that require certified members. Upon successful completion of Part One Basic Certification training, you will have six months to complete Part Two Workplace Specific Hazards training, which focuses on a minimum of six identified hazards for your workplace.
Your JHSC Certification Process:
- Complete CBHM’s 3-day “All FOR SAFETY™” Part One Basic Certification training.
- Within six months, identify your specific workplace hazards and complete Part Two Workplace Specific Hazards training.
- CBHM strongly suggests arranging this training within subsequent weeks of Part One Basic Certification training (or at time of booking) to continue to develop and hone your knowledge and skills effectively.
- Every three years take a CBHM Refresher training program to keep you up to date and current.
pcoming Public Courses
Which Workplaces Must Have Joint Health and Safety Committees?
- If your workplace has 1-5 employees, you are not required to have a JHSC or a health and safety representative unless a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace.
- If your workplace has 6-19 employees, you are required to have one health and safety representative who is selected by the workers they represent. If a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace, you are required to have a JHSC.
- If your workplace has 20-49 employees, you are required to have a JHSC. The committee must have at least two (2) members; 1 manager and 1 worker.
- If your workplace has 50 or more employees, you are required to have a JHSC. The committee must have at least four (4) members.
Have a question? Be sure to check out the FAQ on the Ministry of Labour website here: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/faqs/jhsc.php
Part One Basic Certification Topics
What You Will Learn To Do Effectively
Part Two Workplace Specific Hazards Training Requirements
Part Two not completed within 6 months of Part One
To register for on-site training, please submit an information form or call our office at 1-866-461-2246.